Joyful Knitter

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

How did I get here?

Less than a year ago, inspired by the talent and enthusiasm of my daughter http://knittingpencils.blogspot.com/ I decided to try knitting again. I had vague recollections of having knit a scarf and possibly a hat in my early childhood, but since then I had been exploring other avenues for my creativity. I was amazed at how quickly the basic stitches came back to me, and delighted by the peace the act of knitting brought me. I started with the requisite scarf, but in some of the new novelty yarns. With the large needles, and open pattern I was done in no time, ready to move on. My next project was Jen's poncho, from Sally Melville's The Knitting Experience Book 1. This is a perfect early project using basic garter stitch and consists of two rectangles. Unfortunately, due to my beginner nature I was determined to use the yarn suggested, and the only color they had in the quantity I needed was a dull brown. To this day I am still contemplating dying it, or donating it, since it is not a color I am likely to wear. I will share more about my journey in the next post... stay tuned to hear about my jump into the deep end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home